Saturday, January 12, 2008

How I Intend To Chronicle This Journey

"Wellness" is one of those touchy-feely pointless words that have gotten so overplayed in the current environment as to be completely meaningless.

So how can I chronicle the pursuit of a meaningless-ness?

Well, first of all, let me be clear on one, core belief--"wellness" is not a destination, it is a point of departure.

I believe that once I manage to attain some semblence of the balance between the four facets of my nature, as I spoke of before, then I might be in a position to observe the effect that balance. It is my hope that that balance will, like a well-designed building, take the weight of worry and concern and distribute it over my whole psyche in a way that lessens the effect of the burden.

So, in the days and nights ahead, I will write about one of the four paths and my efforts during the day to move down that path. There is not likely to be any great wit or wisdom in my journey--I'll be doing this without much of a roadmap.

All I can do is do what I can do, and write about it and what I have learned by it.

And once balance is achieved then Wellness will be a topic I hope to expound upon. That will take a lot of time, I imagine. It took me 38 years to get to this point in my life and I expect it will take quite of bit of time before I undo much of the damage I've done to myself.

And then I can share.

In the meantime, let the journey begin.

No comments: